Temple Sutton’s Resource Base for Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Life is about trying your best and learning from each new experience. We believe in you and feel we have the skills and training to help you enjoy school and fulfil your full potential’
Temple Sutton is excited about the opportunity to meet with you and your family. You are welcome to contact us to arrange a visit and for any further information.
- A specialist teaching unit for children identified with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and who may also present with other needs.
- A broad, balanced and creative curriculum in a safe, secure environment.
- A highly differentiated facility for supporting children to access the National Curriculum and mainstream classes.
- Good links with outside agencies (Speech and Language, Educational Psychologists etc).
- Specialist provision for music, PE and Art.
- A team trained in supporting children with ASD
- Makaton signing
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Elklan Speech and Language Development
- Emotional Literacy
- Dyslexia and Dyspraxia awareness
- Transition and attention skills techniques
- Fine motor intervention programmes
- Sensory awareness programmes
- Use of visual strategies including visual timetables
- Team Teach Strategies
- Resources to support a range of academic levels and abilities
- Differentiated assessment tools for monitoring progress
- High individualised programmes to suit pupil needs
- Access to mainstream classes and school trips
- Good opportunities to promote personal skills (dinner times/toileting)
- Child and Family Care Team Support
- Flexibility of provision to meet pupil needs